|Statutory Authority||NYS General Business Law, Article 28|
|Regulatory Authority||19 NYCRR, Part 165|
|Category of Business |
Regulated by Permit
|Contact Mailing Address|
|Conatct Phone Number|
|Contact Fax Number|
|Email Address||NDougher@dos.state.ny.us; email@example.com; KTeller@dos.state.ny.us; Kathleen.Hopkins@dos.state.ny.us; Mona.Gaylord@dos.state.ny.us; Kimberly.Empie@dos.state.ny.us; Cindy.firstname.lastname@example.org; Kathleen.email@example.com; Jayme.Haynes@dos.ny.gov; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Follow Up Information||The following items are required to be mailed to the follow up contact address before your application can be processed. <B>Please make sure to write the OPAL ID number on each attachment.</B>|
1) All applicants must print, complete and submit the <A HREF="/gorr/opal/opal.nsf/BAL3">applicant affirmation and child support statement</A>.
2) All applicants must print, complete and submit the <A HREF="/gorr/opal/opal.nsf/BAL2">health certification</A>.
3) An apprentice barber must work under the supervision and direction of a licensed barber. The <A HREF="/gorr/opal/opal.nsf/BAL1">Affirmation of Supervising Licensed Barber</A> must be printed, completed and submitted.
4) All applicants must complete a one-time course of study regarding the transmission of contagious diseases and the proper methods of sanitation and sterilization to be employed in barber shops. The course curricula must be approved by the Education Department and proof of course completion must be submitted with this application.
5) If you have been convicted in this state or elsewhere of any criminal offense that is a misdemeanor or a felony, then you must submit a written explanation giving the place, court jurisdiction, nature of the offense, sentence and/or other disposition. You must provide a copy of the accusatory instrument (e.g., indictment, criminal information or complaint) and a Certificate of Disposition. If you possess or have received a Certificate of Relief from Disabilities, Certificate of Good Conduct or Executive Pardon, you must provide a copy of same.
6) If there are any criminal charges (misdemeanors or felonies) pending against you in any court in this state or elsewhere, you must provide a copy of the accusatory instrument (e.g., indictment, criminal information or complaint).
7) If any license or permit issued to you or a company in which you are or were a principal in New York State or elsewhere has ever been revoked, suspended or denied, you must submit all relevant documents, including the agency determination, if any.
|OPAL Status Levels||New|
Submitted to Department of State
Department of State is processing application
Pending Additional Information
|OPAL Ready Field||Yes|
|OPAL Aged Limit ( in days )|
|OPAL Form Name||Barber Apprentice License|
|OPAL Form Type||Notes|
|Web Service Client||No|
|OPAL Application Title|
|OPAL Email Variables|
|Maximum Number of Forms per Email|
|Approx Email Send Time|