|Lack of qualifying experience|
|Permit Term||Biennial||Explain||Every two years|
|Renewable||Yes||How Often||Every two years|
|Automatically Sent||Yes||Explain||Sent 90 days prior to expiration|
|Application Submittal||Mail, In Person|
|Contact Mailing Address|
|Conatct Phone Number|
|Contact Fax Number|
|Email Address||NDougher@dos.state.ny.us; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; KTeller@dos.state.ny.us; Kathleen.Hopkins@dos.state.ny.us; email@example.com; Mona.Gaylord@dos.state.ny.us; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Follow Up Information||To complete your OPAL application(s) you MUST mail the following items to the Contact Address before your application is processed. <B>Please make sure to write the OPAL number on each attachment.</B>|
1) If you have been convicted in New York State or elsewhere of a crime or offense that is a misdemeanor or a felony, you must provide a written explanation giving the place, court jurisdiction, nature of the offense, sentence and/or other disposition. You must provide a copy of the accusatory instrument (e.g., bill of indictment, criminal information or complaint, etc.) and a Certificate of Disposition. If you possess or have received a Certificate of Relief from Disabilities, Certificate of Good Conduct, or Executive Pardon, you must provide a copy of the same.
2) If you have any criminal charges (misdemeanors or felonies) pending against you in any court in New York State or elsewhere, you must provide a copy of the accusatory instrument (e.g., indictment, criminal information or complaint).
3) If any license or permit issued to you or a company in which you are or were a principal in New York State or elsewhere has ever been revoked, suspended, or denied, you must provide an explanation and all relevant documents, including the agency determination, if any.
4) If you are applying as a SOLE PROPRIETOR, under an assumed name, submit a copy of the Assumed Name (“d/b/a”) Certificate on file in the County Clerk’s office where the business is located.
5) If you are applying as a partnership, submit a copy of the Certificate of Partnership on file in the County Clerk’s office where the business is located.
6) If you are applying as a corporation, submit a copy of the corporate filing receipt issued by the Department of State’s Division of Corporations. If your corporation is using an assumed name, submit a copy of the assumed name filing receipt issued by the Department of State’s Division of Corporations.
7) If you are applying as a foreign (out of state) corporation, submit a copy of the application for authority to do business that is or that has been filed with the Department of State, Division of Corporations.
8) If you are applying as a limited liability company, submit a copy of the articles of organization that is or that has been filed with the Department of State.
9) You MUST print, complete, sign, and submit the <A HREF="/gorr/opal/opal.nsf/REBCS">Child Support Statement and Applicant Affirmation</A>.
10) For Associate Brokers Only, you MUST print, complete, and submit the <A HREF="/gorr/opal/opal.nsf/REBAS">Association Statement</A>.
11) You must submit your original examination passed slip.
12) You MUST print, complete, sign by both the applicant and sponsoring broker, and submit <A href="/gorr/pas/paslib.nsf/gfxView/REBroker Supplement A/$FILE/0036A.pdf" target="_blank">Supplement A</A>.
13) You MUST print, complete, and submit the <a href="http://www.dos.state.ny.us/forms/licensing/1398-a.pdf">DMV Consent Form</a>.
|OPAL Status Levels||New|
Submitted to Department of State
Department of State is processing application
Pending Additional Information
|OPAL Ready Field||No|
|OPAL Aged Limit ( in days )|
|OPAL Form Name||Real Estate Broker|
|OPAL Form Type||Notes|
|Web Service Client||No|
|OPAL Application Title||Real Estate Broker Application|
|OPAL Email Variables|
|Maximum Number of Forms per Email|
|Approx Email Send Time|